[Mailman-Users] Mailman, Gmane, & "non-text attachements removed"?

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Fri Jan 31 15:21:02 CET 2003

Folks:

I've got a problem with some of my subscribers that are using the gmane.org
news server to read mailing lists.  I run my lists with Mailman 2.1.

These subscribers (myself included) post messages to the list via the news
server, and the messages go out to the regular subscribers, and gmane.org,
without a problem ... however, when the message is included in a digest, it
just shows up as "--- non-text attachment removed ---" (or something to that
effect).

I do have Mailman 2.1's content filtering enabled so that only text portions
of a message are sent through (and HTML is *SUPPOSED* to be converted to
text, but that's another issue).

I have Mailman's "pass_mime_types" set to:
multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
multipart/related
text/plain
text/html

Again, the "non-text attachments removed" message is only showing up in the
digests.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks!

david