[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1 list creation

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 30 16:46:35 CET 2003

An alternative way to eliminate the handling of aliases is to move to
Postfix and use the Mailman/Postfix integration.  Now that is a win-win
situation.

You can actually mimic this integration with Sendmail if you use a cron
script (or modify the new-list app to include the script commands), to
run genaliases and pump the output to a local file which you then hash
via newaliases:
  ~mailman/data/aliases
  ~malman/data/aliases.db

After that you simply edit /etc/sendmail.cf to look at both alias files:
  /etc/aliases, and
  ~mailman/data/aliases

Hope this helps someone - Jon Carnes (reformed Sendmail junkie)

===