[Mailman-Users] Cron Dameon msgs re: qrunner

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 30 06:50:08 CET 2003

Uhhh, you should remove that cron entry.  Mailman version 2.1 does not use a
cron activated qrunner instead it runs a daemon called Mailmanctl.

In the upgrade instructions it tells you to remove the old cron entries
before putting in the new cron entries.  BTW, why are you running the
mailman crons as root (as opposed to the more secure user "mailman")?

Feel free to read the files README, INSTALL, and UPGRADE (in the main source
directory), they will be of considerable help to you.

Jon Carnes