[Mailman-Users] Cron Dameon msgs re: qrunner

J. Frederick Ball OEF fball at franciscans.com
Thu Jan 30 05:26:09 CET 2003

After upgrading to MM 2.1, I am getting the following e-mail msg from Con
Daemon, one per minute:

	Subject: Cron <root at leo> /usr/local/bin/python2.2 -S
/usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner

	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 89, in ?
	    from Mailman.Handlers import HandlerAPI
	  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 26, in ?
	    from Mailman.pythonlib.StringIO import StringIO
	ImportError: No module named pythonlib.StringIO

I looked at the qrunner file, and found that it was not dated the same as
all others in the mailman/cron directory, so I copied the new qrunner from
the work directory in the port.  Then I started getting the following
e-mail each minute:

	Run one or more qrunners, once or repeatedly.

	Each named runner class is run in round-robin fashion.  In other words, the
	first named runner is run to consume all the files currently in its
	directory.  When that qrunner is done, the next one is run to consume all the
	files in /its/ directory, and so on.  The number of total iterations can be
	given on the command line.

	Usage: /usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner [options]

	[etc.  Snipped for space ...]

So, I copied the old qrunner back into place. First message above returned
each minute, but the mail is delivered.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Fred Ball