[Mailman-Users] mailman-2.1-1.i386.rpm

Simon White simon at mtds.com
Wed Jan 29 18:29:58 CET 2003

29-Jan-03 at 10:52, Justin Georgeson (jgeorgeson at unboundtech.com) wrote :
> They didn't miss it, the RPM is aimed at RedHat 8, which has python 2.
> RedHat 7.3 has two packages, python and python2, so you have to build it
> using /usr/bin/python2 instead of /usr/bin/python (--with-python option
> to configure)

Yes, but why would the spec file have python in it - as I understood from
"I had to change the spec file slightly (use postfix and python2 instead
of sendmail and python)" when Mailman 2.x requires python2, so if the
Mailman spec file for the RPM of 2.x has python in it and NOT python2
there's a problem.

However, I assume that /really/ the spec file just links to
/usr/bin/python, expecting it to be python2, when some of us (like me,
too) have /usr/bin/python -> python1.x and /usr/local/bin/python ->
python2.x

Something like that. That's me wasting time again. Gotta stop this
knee-jerk mailinglist posting habit o'mine.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.