[Mailman-Users]

Adam lists at monkeez.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 22:19:24 CET 2003

I've been trying to get through these problems on my own for a while - using the
searchable mailling list (thanks for that guys).

However, I've still got problems.

I'm using mandrake 9 with mailman installed from rpm.

I seemed to have managed to get sendmail working (with appropriate aliases) but
it doesn't have NEWDB installed (I've config'ed the aliases file myself).

The first problem was my confirmation mails bouncing back to the user with
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 65534, GOT gid 78.  (Reconfigure to take 78?)
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

But I changed the gid of mailnull to 65534 and the bouncing stopped.

However, now, I get on my mailman server, messages to postmaster:

The original message was received at Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:02:06 GMT
from localhost
with id h0RL26TX025349

<root at deepthought.34sp.com>
    (reason: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1))

... while talking to deepthought.34sp.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
550 5.1.1 <root at deepthought.34sp.com>... User unknown
<<< 503 RCPT first (#5.5.1)

Can anyone guide me through this?

I'd appreciate some helpful advice here - thanks very much in advance.

Adam