[Mailman-Users] MS Exchange as a relay computer?

Angel Gabriel badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 22:10:22 CET 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: mailman-users-bounces+badmangabriel=lycos.co.uk at python.org
[mailto:mailman-users-bounces+badmangabriel=lycos.co.uk at python.org]On
Behalf Of Ralf Hildebrandt
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 7:30 PM
To: Angel Gabriel
Cc: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] MS Exchange as a relay computer?

* Angel Gabriel <badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk>:
> Does anyone on this list have MS Exchange as a relay computer? I was
> thinking that local DNS speeds up email delivery, and MS Exchange,
requires
> local DNS to function, so if I relayed all my mailman email via my MS
> Exchange box, it should deliver the lot pretty quick, right?

What kind of insane idea is that? Eliminate the middleman and send
directyl! Exchange is a piss-poor piece of junk. I mean that thing
can't even speak ESMTP properly and has not proper queue management

Angel Says:
The reason I was going to do this, is because I don't really want to
have two DNS servers on the same subnet, and email being sent by a
machine with local DNS, is going to send faster that a machine that has
to wait for DNS queries to be answered.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)
Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite Campus Mitte                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450
570-155
Referat V a - Kommunikationsnetze -             Fax.  +49 (0)30-450
570-916
Why you can't find your system administrators:
(S)he's out buying some caffeine.