[Mailman-Users] can't access private archives when changing default lang

The Anarcat anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Sun Jan 26 19:20:45 CET 2003

Hi everybody!

First of all, I'd like to say that Mailman is a really impressive
collection of software. I can't believe how much functionality has
been put into this, and I just needed to congratulate the authors for
making this available for the world, and for free!

That said, I think I found a bug. Recently, I changed the default
language of two private lists to "français" (french) and suddenly, I
couldn't login the private archives. And actually, the form in
/mailman/private/inso-tech/ is completely unuseable.

I have saved the resulting source in a file and I'm making it
available for download:

http://inso.ath.cx/~anarcat/mailman-bug.html

Putting the language back to english completely solves the problem.

I am readily available for debugging this very odd problem. I have
good knowledge of a few programming languages (perl, C, PHP) but I
don't know python very much, but I can try. So I am very willing to
solve this as my users are mostly french-only. :)

Thank you for your time and thanks again,

A.

--
Imagination is more important than knowledge
                        - Albert Einstein