[Mailman-Users] list of lists fodder for spammers?

Greg Westin greg at gregwestin.com
Sun Jan 26 21:44:13 CET 2003

> As for the list names being mined for spam, I've found that the biggest
> worry is the web-enabled archives.

It doesn't seem very likely to me that spammers would find the list
addresses in the archives.  Obviously, the addresses of posters are
there (these can be obscured in 2.1, right?), but I don't see the list
addresses anywhere.  Our problem with spam going to lists... obviously,
we don't want individuals getting spam, either, but our current concern
is about lists being spammed.

> Mailman's features can help a little against spam.  You can set your
> lists so that they only accept mail from either a list member or from a
> user on the local domain.

That's an interesting idea... I assume we can set it to accept from
list members and some given set of domains?  That might be a very
appropriate thing to implement.  Thanks.

Greg