[Mailman-Users] Help with sending HTML mail and using external weblinks for images

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jan 22 23:36:52 CET 2003

    >> Yes. Marketing folks do it all the time.  If you want a live
    >> example of an email that does this, just open up some spam from
    >> your mailbox and peruse the source/content of the email.

    MC> But this does sound silly, how would I put that link into the
    MC> html?  As I presuem the only way to get Mailman to send the
    MC> html format mail, would be to copose it in youre email client,
    MC> and if I referance a http address, it will diplay that rather
    MC> than an image?

This isn't really a Mailman issue, other than to configure the list to
pass the MIME content you want to pass through.  I'm sure there's some
MIME goo you can add to your attachments to get (some) mail readers to
display the image inline, but off-hand I don't remember what they are
and I don't have access to the RFCs at the moment.  I'm guessing some
kind of multipart/related with a Content-Disposition: inline thingie.

-Barry