[Mailman-Users] Problems with content filtering

Paul Kleeberg paul at fpen.org
Sun Jan 19 04:30:01 CET 2003

Thank you all for the help on the regular expression.

Again I am probably missing the obvious but it is beyond my skill
level to decipher.

I would like only plain text messages to go out to the list,
converting non-text messages to plain text and stripping attachments.
I am not sure if that is possible.  But I have run into a problem:

I am using RedHat 8.0 and have upgraded from Mailman 2.0.13 to 2.1.
In order to keep file locations the same, I ran configure with
--prefix=/var/mailman --with-cgi-gid=apache --with-mail-gid=mail.  In
the /etc/smrch directory I created ln -s
../../var/mailman/mail/mailman mailman.  Things appear to work fine
until I turn on the content filter, left the black list blank, added
"text/html" to the white list, turned on the convert text/html to
plain text and send a message of Content-Type: text/html;
charset="us-ascii" to the list.

A message was sent out to the subscribers with the appropriate
subject line and list-specific header lines but this is what appeared
in the body of the message:

   /root/hPnn4E: Permission denied

Looking at the /var/log/mailman/error file I see:

   Jan 18 18:10:04 2003 (23871) HTML->text/plain error: 256

Suggestions?

Paul
--
Paul Kleeberg