[Mailman-Users] Help with a regular expression

Greg Westin greg at gregwestin.com
Sat Jan 18 15:46:31 CET 2003

I think what you want to do to fix this is add a carat ("^") before the
first slash:

That way, it only catches it if "/mailman" occurs at the beginning of
the string.

Personally, I use a little more inclusive regular expression, because I
want it to also redirect any requests for the top level
(http://lists.example.com) to the listinfo page:
     RewriteRule ^[/]{0,1}(mailman[/]{0,1}){0,1}$    /mailman/listinfo
[L,R]

I claim to be no master of regular expressions, though... because wow
that looks ugly.  That notwithstanding, I think my advice on your
situation is correct.

Greg

--
http://www.gregwestin.com