[Mailman-Users] Help with a regular expression

Paul Kleeberg paul at fpen.org
Sat Jan 18 08:09:55 CET 2003

I know this is a simple question but I don't have the knowledge to
figure it out.

I am running RedHat 8.0 and which came with Mailman 2.0.13.  It
suggests adding the following to the httpd.conf file:

# Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your server's
# name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page (recommended).

That used to work fine.  I just upgraded to Mailman 2.1.  I created
the list "mailman" as instructed at the end of section 4 of the
INSTALL document but cannot get to the administrative page
http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/mailman or the list overview
"RedirectMatch" thinks it is http://www.example.com/mailman and just
redirects it the top level listinfo page.

I am aware that I have two options:
   1. Rename the "mailman" list
   2. Remove the "RedirectMatch" statement from the httpd.conf file.

Is there a third?  I tried fiddling with the regular expression, but
I just do not know what I am doing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
Paul Kleeberg, M.D.              O   o          paul at fpen.org
Family Physicians' E-Net        -+---+-   Voice: 612-840-3744
5025 Mulcare Drive               |_o_|      Family Practice &
Columbia Heights, MN 55421 USA  / \|/ \  Information Services