[Mailman-Users] no public lists in listinfo after move

bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 17 08:33:51 CET 2003

Hello all-

I'm new to this list but have been using mailman successfully for quite
some time.  I have run into a snag, however.

I'm changing mailman servers (going from RedHat 7.1 to RedHat 7.3), and
near as I can tell all I needed to do
was copy the mailman folder over to the new server, make sure the apache
and mailman GIDs remained the same, symlink the wrapper into /etc/smrsh,
and then feed in the crontab stuff.  I did all this, and everything seems
to work except when I go to the listinfo page, I don't get any public
mailing lists there.  If I know the name of the list, I can get to it, and
if I go to the admin page all the public lists are listed there, but not
on the listinfo page.  Now on that machine if I give the apache user a
shell account and su as it, then run the listinfo script manually, it does
print out an html page with all the expected mailman lists.  Weird eh?

I emptied my browser so I know it's not the cache.  I know the apache
ScriptAlias lines are correct because all the other stuff works ok (I can
even login as an admin, or view a lists archives).

Any suggestions on where to look next?

Thanks in advance,
Brian