[Mailman-Users] Moderating a list via email

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Mon Jan 13 15:39:48 CET 2003

Hello,

Replying to my own request, but there you go.

I found that reading the email about moderation more carefully showed
that there was an attached email:

 >Subject:
 >confirm 5f901f3663c7d0e7d90ffb2de186da8bdfb2fdad
 >From:
 >list-name-request at parsnip.site.org
 >
 >If you reply to this message, keeping the Subject: header intact,
 >Mailman will discard the held message.  Do this if the message is
 >spam.  If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
 >with the list password in it, the message will be approved for posting
 >to the list.  The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
 >of the body of the reply.

It was a little bit tricky, but while I could not figure out how to
reply to the attached message, I could cut and paste the Subject: line
into a new message to the right address.

(P.S. I found in the archives a note from Jon Carnes suggesting sending
"help" command to the list-request address.  This got me to the
"confirm" command, which actually led to searching for confirm and
finding the attachment email which I had not thought to try and read
before.)

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      jdecarlo at mitre.org
voice:      703-883-7116
fax:        703-883-3383
DISA cube:  703-882-0593