[Mailman-Users] Posting restrictions

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 12 17:21:55 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 07:39, Willie McKemie wrote:
> I've been lurking here for a while but remain un-enlightened the
> following problems:
>
> How can I restrict posts to plain text?  Or, at least, prohibit
> attachments of any sort?

Willie,
If you're using MM 2.0x this FAQ should help.
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.010.htp

> How do I determine if I'm running Mm2.0 or Mm2.1?  I am using Mm
> through a hosting service; I do have shell access, but can't find
> anything Mm related via that route.

At the bottom of all of the list pages is a MM logo. It should have the
version number below the logo. Also, every message delivered by your
list will contain a X-Mailman-Version: header.

> How can I backup my subscriber lists?  And other Mm data?  I can't
> find anything Mm related through either ftp or shell access to my
> host.  I have recent been changed from smartlist, where I had ftp
> access to all mail list data files.  Is this possible with Mailman?
> If so, what magic request should I make of my hosting service?

Someone else will need to answer this question.

--
Mike Noyes <mhnoyes @ users.sourceforge.net>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/