[Mailman-Users] Installation instructions seem to be missing

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 12 06:47:35 CET 2003

I always use the source for the install since there is so much that
needs to be done outside the RPM (plus it is sooo easy to install via
source).

Fortunately for you other folks like to use RPM's, here is a comment
from one of them (taken from the archives - which you should feel free
to search)...

To quote Jeremy Portzer:
To find out information about an RPM's maker, etc., run "rpm -qip
filename.rpm" .  If you run that command on the Red Hat Linux
mailman-2.0.13-1.i386.rpm, you'll see a bunch of EXTREMELY important
setup notes -- things you must do after installing the RPM.  Follow
those instructions!  Don't complain if you don't follow them and stuff
doesn't work!  *grin*

If that doesn't resolve your problems, then check out the FAQ entry:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp

Take care - Jon Carnes

===