[Mailman-Users] Re: mm2.1 cookie problem?

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Mon Jan 6 21:37:33 CET 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 02:29 PM, Bryan Fullerton wrote:

> From time to time (ah, the best kind of bug), the cookie set when
> logging into a list seems to "go bad" - after authenticating, any
> other admin operation (admin pages, admindb, list archives) results in
> prompting again for the password every time a link is clicked or a
> form submitted.

The list-owner has sent me a follow-up email, which I've been able to
confirm.

When logging into a list named trawler-world-list-help (a mm2.1 list)
everything works - *unless* there's already a mm2.0 cookie for the list
trawler-world-list. In my browser, I see one cookie for
"trawler-world-list:admin" (mm2.0) and a second for
"trawler-world-list-help+admin" (mm2.1).

I'm trying to find this in the cookie parsing stuff in
Mailman/SecurityManager.py, but python is not my first language. :)

Bryan