[Mailman-Users] mm2.1 cookie problem?

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Mon Jan 6 20:29:16 CET 2003

I've run into something since I installed mm2.1 and wanted to see if
anyone else is seeing it before I report it as a bug.

 From time to time (ah, the best kind of bug), the cookie set when
logging into a list seems to "go bad" - after authenticating, any other
admin operation (admin pages, admindb, list archives) results in
prompting again for the password every time a link is clicked or a form
submitted.

At first I thought this was just something with my browser (OmniWeb
4.1.1 on MacOS X), but one of my list admins whose list I just migrated
from 2.0 to 2.1 has said it's happened to him as well, and he's using
IE5.5 on WinME.

For me, the fix has been to quit and restart the browser - once that's
done, everything works as expected. My list owner, however, had to
reboot his machine (probably because IE doesn't necessarily really quit
when you quit the app since it's used to much by the OS..).

It's possible that this is something to do with mm2.0 <-> mm2.1
interworking, either to do with cookies set for both the old and new
version of the list, or cookies set for other lists with a similar name
(the list in question is called trawler-world-list-help, there's also
trawler-world-list and several other trawler-world-* lists which are
still mm2.0).

Anyone seen this?

Thanks,

Bryan