[Mailman-Users] 'advertised' setting being ignored (problem in 2.1?)

Bill Hilburn bhilburn at frontier.net
Thu Jan 2 21:59:01 CET 2003

If I am not mistaken the URL in the list DB must match the URL for the list.

So if I move a list from one server to another (different URL's) I have to run
bin/fix_url to update the URL in the list DB.

One way to check is the run bin/dumpdb, let it scroll, at the bottom will be
the list URL, if it does not match the URL your using run bin/fix_url and see
if the problem goes away.

Hope This Helps!

Bill Hilburn
NOC Frontier Internet

Quoting Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out version 2.1 and am having problems with the 'advertised'
> option.  This can be changed by a list administrator and 'list_lists -a'
> will show or not show it, depending on the current setting.

> doesn't show up; I just get 'there currently are no publicly-advertised
> Mailman mailing lists' (I can get to the relevant listinfo/admin page by
> putting in the URL manually).  I have tried a manual refresh.
>
> Is there a global setting somewhere [I haven't found one], have I missed
> something else, or is it a bug?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>   - Bob
>

> --
>  Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>          +44 (0)118 378 6630
>  Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK

> Searchable Archives:
>
> This message was sent to: bhilburn at frontier.net
> Unsubscribe or change your options at
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/bhilburn%40frontier.net