[Mailman-Users] qfiles commands directory? Tried to delete outgoing message....

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Feb 22 23:43:19 CET 2003

The first thing you do is stop your mail server:
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail stop

Next stop Mailman from processing the queues:
  /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl stop

Now find the message.  Is it in the mailservers outbound queue?
  /var/spool/mqueue/..

There are host of commands (depending on your MTA) to tell you if a
message is in your outbound queue.  For sendmail the following works:
  sendmail -bp

You can also look at the logs for both Mailman and the MTA to see where
the message is currently in the system.

The mailman queues are in:
  /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/..

If you have stopped the Mailmanctl daemon from running then you can
delete the msg.db and msg.pck files for a message without any harm.
======

Unless you move at super-sonic speeds you are not going to intercept the
message before Mailman has processed it (unless we're talking about a
really big list or a truly ancient mail server), so more than likely you
will be dealing with the MTA on the box.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes