[Mailman-Users] newsletter / announce-only

Curt Siffert siffert at museworld.com
Sat Feb 22 11:32:26 CET 2003

I'm on 2.1 and I've followed all the recommended instructions on
setting up a newsletter:
	1) all members with moderate bit
	2) all moderated members with polite reject
	3) all non-members with reject
	4) munged headers with explicit reply-to

Now I'm trying to figure out how to post but it doesn't look like
there's an ideal solution.

1) unsetting the moderate bit for a user allows that user to mail to
the list without intervention, which is great, BUT that user's email
address appears in the Return-Path header in the message source.  This
has me concerned about others forging that email address and being able
to post to the list.  Is it possible to hide the approved senders'
email addresses entirely?

2) I can put addresses in non-member sender filters for "Hold" but it
would be nicer if they could also be subscribed (which are all
hard-coded to reject).  I guess I want an option to say "Have all
moderated members set to Reject, except for these addresses, set to
Hold."

3) I can change everyone to "hold" but I'm worried about weighing down
the moderator.

Any ideas?  It's so close to perfect.

Curt