[Mailman-Users] Rejecting Messages

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Feb 12 04:20:32 CET 2003

* Warren Hoffman (warren at whoffman.com) wrote:
> Also - it would be wonderful if we could let some attachment types through
> - specifically .vcf and .dat as they're harmless and usually come from
> email systems like Outlook. Again, we're limited, so if someone could spell
> this out it would be very, very helpful. The reason we screen is because we
> don't want to pass anything on that might have a virus.

Don't know about the first one.  But this one I might can shed some light
on.

vcards have the Content-Type: text/x-vcard

So it should be as easy as adding 'text/x-vcard' to 'pass_mime_types' on the
'Content Filtering' page using mailman 2.1.  mailman 2.0 doesn't have
content filtering.

The other types (.dat, etc..) you'll just have to figure out the
Content-Type.  I only have outlook express 6 to test with.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

A life lived in fear is half a life lived.