[Mailman-Users] Can't admin pending messages -- me too

James Devenish j-devenish at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 5 05:25:14 CET 2003

In message <20030205032238.GA23779 at gulag.guild.uwa.edu.au>
on Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:22:38AM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <1044414569.1639.30.camel at Anns1.nc.rr.com>
> on Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:09:25PM -0500, Jon Carnes wrote:
> > Look at ~mailman/bin/fix_url.py.
[...]
> I wasn't clear on when I would be prompted for an address.

Whoops, I now see that the description is on the """ line, above the
synopsis sentence. But the code makes it look like it sets the list's
web address to be the same as the default, and the list then uses that
stored value rather than the default. So I would people generally have
to consider doing fix_url when doing a site-wide web address change?

General questions (almost rhetorical, since Mailman seems to be working
for me for the time being):
 - is this behaviour generally true of the way mm_cfg.py is used
   by Mailman?
 - should Mailman users expect other hidden variables to require
   updating in a migration? (Though, given everything we changed
   in our system, it does seem to be the only problem.)

The reason I ask if that this extra migration step is something that
we were not exposed to during installation or regular maintenance,
and which I have failed to intuitively find in the various "lister
server admin" docs.