[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1 mailpasswds error

Larry Hansford lhansfor at lch-assoc.com
Sat Feb 1 17:18:20 CET 2003

Several weeks ago, I upgraded Mailman from v2.0.11 to v2.1, and have not
had any problems with it since.  Both the users and me, as administrator,
love all the new features that became available.

However, the end-of-month cron job mailpasswds did not run.

The subject of the message is:

Cron <mailman at ash> /usr/local/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/mailpasswds

And, the body of the message is:

Site list is missing: mailman

I tried manually running /home/mailman/cron/mailpasswds -l testlist and got
the same message:

Site list is missing: mailman

Is this due to a configuration error I made when installing v2.1?  I
checked the list archives for this error, and did not find anything.

I'd like to get this corrected so I can manually run the job and get the
passwords distributed to the users.

Thanks!

Larry