[Mailman-Users] bug in creating list via web-admin

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Sat Feb 1 08:09:31 CET 2003

* Keith Mastin (kmastin at beechtree.ca) wrote:
[snip]
> This seems to be a python permissions problem from the last line of the
> output. I'm running postfix on a redhat 7.3 box.
[snip]
> RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias
> /web/mlib/data/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted)
[snip]

Your right.  Check the permissions on /web/mlib/data/mailman/data/aliases
See if it can be written by whatever user you specified in --with-cgi-gid=
at compile time (the user the cgi scripts run as).

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Seen on BBSer's tombstone: CONNECT 1953, NO CARRIER 1994