[Mailman-Users] admindb cgi functions don't work.

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Mon Dec 22 18:49:30 CET 2003

22-Dec-03 at 12:44, Jon Carnes (jonc at nc.rr.com) wrote :
> On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 12:25, Chris Johnson wrote:
> >      Jon,
> >
> >      Are you familiar with the code at all in admindb?  I'm tracing
> > back up from line 150.  Again, I don't really know python, but if I'm
> > reading this right, the line where it's supposed to grab the
> > QUERY_STRING from the HTTP environment is completely empty.
> >
> >      Wierd!
> >
> I'm not an expert, just a plain ordinary Python hacker, but it looks
> like all your data is being dumped (like in a redirect when all the
> posted data is dumped).
>
> What do your Apache logs show when you do a transaction?

Stab in the dark without logs, but I reckon it might be the sort of
automatic URL rewriting in Apache that is doing this. It will often
change the received hostname to the ServerName directive, esp. if there
are no virtual hosts in the config and there are several hostnames that
point to the box.

This usually ends up just redirecting to login and then all is OK, but
maybe not?

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access