[Mailman-Users] Postfix not sending mail

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Tue Dec 16 13:22:28 CET 2003

Simon White wrote:
> Something is getting rewritten further up the chain. Your logs just show
> a message delivered directly to web1p1 at p15135765.pureserver.info so you
> need to look at the config a bit harder. I can see that the MX for
> netmilk is the same machine, so at least that is OK
>
> root [13:03] simon # host 217.160.217.60
> 60.217.160.217.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer netmilk.de.
> root [13:04] simon # host p15135765.pureserver.info
> p15135765.pureserver.info has address 217.160.217.60
>
> So why is the address being rewritten? Are you doing anything with
> transport maps, canonical maps, something like that?

damn. you are right. i have not checked this before but seems that
confixx (an webserver control program, like cpanel) is messing with the
configuration.
it puts a lot of stuff (canonical, transport,etc.) at the end of
main.cf. in a file called virtaul_users it defines something like:

@netmilk web1p1

i think thats the problem - unfortunatly i have experienced that it
rewrites all of its own configuration files with a cron-job. so it's no
option to edit this files it created itself.

i tried to include the mailman aliases below that configuration and i
got an error message by postfix:

<"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post
     netmilk-general"@p15135765.pureserver.info>: unknown user:
     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post netmilk-general"

so maybe putting the virtual_maps just after the confixx configuration
stuff isn't an option.
are there other ways of overriding the virtual_maps of this lousy little
program?

bye,
Murphy

P.S: I just received Shoeppi's eMail: that's exactly the problem!
do you know how i can override this, "Leidensgenosse"? ;)