[Mailman-Users] Postfix not sending mail

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Tue Dec 16 12:29:02 CET 2003

Please respond to the list. Answers below...

16-Dec-03 at 12:16, Thomas Murphy (murphy at thepanemgroup.com) wrote :
> Simon White wrote:
> >16-Dec-03 at 11:37, Thomas Murphy (murphy at thepanemgroup.com) wrote :
> >
> >>i still have some problems getting mailman to run.
> >>I added the aliases to the postfix main.cf but mail isn't delivered to
> >>the subscribers - it's mailed to the catch-all address, which would
> >>probably mean that the aliases are not recognized properly.
> >
> >General aliases go in /etc/postfix/aliases, not in main.cf
>
> i configured main.cf to read the aliases hash form /usr/local/mailman/data
>
> i now copied the data/aliases directly to /etc/aliases and run
> #newaliases but the mail still is forwarded to the catch-all account.

Is a file aliases.db generated? If the mail is delivered to the
catch-all account, then the aliases are not being read for sure;
the "newaliases" command will not help you if main.cf doesn't point to
the right place...

in main.cf do you have:
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases

Regards,

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access