[Mailman-Users] Postfix not sending mail

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Tue Dec 16 11:49:05 CET 2003

16-Dec-03 at 11:37, Thomas Murphy (murphy at thepanemgroup.com) wrote :
> i still have some problems getting mailman to run.
> I added the aliases to the postfix main.cf but mail isn't delivered to
> the subscribers - it's mailed to the catch-all address, which would
> probably mean that the aliases are not recognized properly.

General aliases go in /etc/postfix/aliases, not in main.cf

then you run

# newaliases

Or, you can set up Mailman to do all that automatically for you, even
better, using $prefix/data/aliases

I think reading a bit more carefully in the docs would be a good idea,
specifically those which speak about Postfix/Mailman integration.

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access