[Mailman-Users] please help

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 01:55:34 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 23:18, Shane Messer wrote:
> Man,
>

> I really hate to send a stupid email like this, but I have searched for the
> past hour trying to figure out a very simple problem, with no luck.
>

> I use a web company for hosting and I have no root access.  I am provided
> use of the mailman script, v2.13.
>

> The problem is that I am trying to figure out a way to do a mass removal of
> all the users on a list without having to go through each letter and check
> them off, letter by letter.  Here is what I have tried.
>

> 1.	I tried to do a * in the mass removal.  Doesn't work.
> 2.	I tried to come up with a way to get an entire list on the screen at
> once, so I could do a mass removal with that list.  No luck.
>

> Again, I only have access to the web interface and not the command line, so
> can you tell me a way to simply wipe all the users in the list quickly?  Or
> simply list them and then I can drop the list into the mass removal box?
>

> I work for a vodka company (www.extremebeverage.com), so I will be happy to
> send lots of free samples to someone who can answer my question! :-)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shane

With an offer like that, who could refuse!

Write a small robot script to access the admin website and do the check
boxes for you.  Linux has some very nice scripting tools that will help
you out (links and wget come to mind).

I've used them in the past to do load testing on web-sites.  I setup
them up to walk entire web trees multiple times.  The principle is the
same so with a bit of patience you should have something that will
hammer away on the admin pages for you in a few minutes.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes