[Mailman-Users] Mailman-2.1 / Postfix 2.0 problems

M. Lewis cajun at cajuninc.com
Thu Dec 4 11:41:00 CET 2003

I'm running Mailman -2.1.1-4 and Postfix-2.0.16-4.

Monday morning at 5:00am my logs started filling with messages. As close as I
can pin down what initiated the problem was the sending out of users
passwords as that cron job starts at 5:00am on the first of the month.

Since that time, mailman is logging the following errors to smtp-failures:

Dec 04 02:14:21 2003 (16062) delivery to benncorley at yahoo.com failed with code
450: <mailman-bounces at localhost.localdomain>: Sender address rejected: Domain
not found
Dec 04 02:14:23 2003 (16062) delivery to robert-kuruupkat at comcast.net failed
Dec 04 02:14:25 2003 (16062) delivery to ed at bearorifice.com failed with code
Dec 04 02:14:27 2003 (16062) delivery to cpm at bitket.com failed with code 450:
<mailman-bounces at localhost.localdomain>: Sender address rejected: Domain not
found

As you can see, the messages are every two seconds apart. So you can imagine
how many of these messages I've gotten since 5:00am Monday.

My guess is it is a problem with Mailman and it's config somehow. What is
strange though is Mailman has been running fine for quite some time now. It
hasn't been upgraded or touched. I have recently upgraded Postfix to v2.0 so
I assume there is some interaction between that upgrade and the mailman
config.

Is there an easy way of fixing this problem short of deleting all lists and
re-creating them? I'd hate to lose the archives and have to re-create the
lists. I have searched the archives, but haven't really found anything that
seemed appropriate.

Thanks for any pointers!
Mike

--

  System going down at 5 pm to install scheduler bug.
 02:10:01  up 13 days, 39 min,  7 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.13, 0.10