[Mailman-Users] Why don't I see the lists when moving to mailman 2.1

Paul F. Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Thu Aug 28 22:39:12 CEST 2003

The problem I am encountering is probably web server
related.  Here are the particulars.

I have a Redhat 7.2 system with
     mailman 2.0.13-1
and
     apache-1.3.27-1.7.2

I have another system with Redhat 9 with
    mailman-2.1-8
and
    httpd-2.0.40-21.3

I believe I have configured mailman on the redhat 9
system according to the directions (and various fixes).

I have tarred ./lists and ./archives on the 7.2 system and
transferred them to the 9 system.

I regenerated the aliases.

The problem is that when I go to the website
     .../mailman/listinfo   (or ./admin)
I do not see a list.

Here are the relevant lines I added to the httpd.conf file

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/var/mailman/cgi-bin/"
Alias /pipermail/ "/var/mailman/archives/public/"

<Directory /var/mailman/archives>
    Options +FollowSymlinks
</Directory>

Is it possible the stock httpd that comes with redhat is missing
something?

If I run /usr/sbin/apachectl -V
I get
/usr/sbin/apachectl -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.40
Server built:   May 20 2003 10:15:29
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020628:0
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
  -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
  -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
  -D APR_HAS_MMAP
  -D APR_HAVE_IPV6
  -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
  -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
  -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
  -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
  -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Thanks, for any help.

paulw