[Mailman-Users] unpack tuple of wrong size

Alan Batie mailman at alan.batie.org
Thu Aug 28 22:37:40 CEST 2003

I love mailman, but the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 blindsided me.  Partly
my fault for just doing a "make install" without reading the upgrade
docs, but I didn't expect such major changes in a point release.  After
getting everything working again, well, everything isn't.  Some lists
are ok, but some are not allowing admins to login:

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 226, in main
    num = show_pending_subs(mlist, form)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 264, in show_pending_subs
    pendingsubs = mlist.GetSubscriptionIds()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 163, in GetSubscriptionIds
    return self.__getmsgids(SUBSCRIPTION)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 155, in __getmsgids
    ids = [k for k, (type, data) in self.__db.items() if type == rtype]
ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

I can handle basic python, but I am lost when it comes to dealing with
the objects and formats...  I'm assuming these lists didn't get converted
properly, but I ran "withlist convert" and it seems happy with them...

--
Alan Batie                   ______    alan.batie.org                Me
alan at batie.org            \    /    www.qrd.org         The Triangle

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
-Theodore Roosevelt, 26th US President (1858-1919)