[Mailman-Users] Global blacklist?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 25 18:46:53 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 09:25, Jim Littlefield wrote:
> Block the spam with your mail server, not within Mailman.

Spam is tagged on my mailserver, not blocked (in case of false
positives). When creating a new list, the proper spamassassin headers
are already entered in the list's spam protection. But, not all spam is
tagged as spam. Sometimes SMTP servers bounce back to the list rather
than to the proper bounce address, so I need those blocked too. I can't
simply add .*postmaster.* and .*mailer-daemon.* to the spam checker at
the SMTP level, then legitimate bounces will get tagged as well.

Besides, if something gets blocked by Mailman you get the option,
through the admindb program, to discard the message and add that sender
to an auto-discard list. But that is a list specific list too; how about
when I want to add such a person to the auto discard of all lists on the
system?

I'm simply asking if there's a global blacklist. There are individual
list blacklists, there must be a way to make it global?

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org