[Mailman-Users] Re: Suscribers number

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Thu Aug 14 19:04:29 CEST 2003

Matthieu HUTIN  wrote:
>I'm looking for a way to put the subscribers number of my lists on a web
>page that is not generated by MailMan. Is it possible ?

      If you mean the number of subscribers, yes.  Set up a cron job with
something like this for each list:

/usr/local/mailman/bin/list_members  listname | wc -l > /<web accessible
location>/www/html/mm/listnamecount

      You can then use a virtual include or other method of getting the
number in listnamecount onto a web page.

      While you are at it, you can also show pending members in a similar
way.  The cron job looks something like:

find /usr/local/mailman/data -name "listname" | wc -l > /<web accessible
location>/www/html/mm/listnamepending

<>< Paul