[Mailman-Users] Mailman + htDig

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Aug 9 05:45:04 CEST 2003

> Assuming you are using en as the list language and standard templates,
> can you take a look at the file
>
> $prefix/templates/en/archtoc.html
>
> line 16 should read:
>
>         %(htsearch)s

Yup.. it is there..

> This is where the results of the quick_maketext() on
> TOC_htsearch.html, that is the search form, get inserted into the list
> TOC page.
>
> This line should have been inserted into archtoc.html by the
> htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch
>
> One possibility is that you may be using site, host or list specific
> templates and you generated these from the standard installed
> templates before applying the mailman-htdig and kindred patches. If so
> then these will not have been/could not be patched by the
> htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch. In this case you will have to take a look at
> the  htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch file for the template changes made by the
> patch and apply these by hand to your local variants of the templates.
> The patch file is a unified diff format and quite human legible.

Wait a sec... if I am reading that correctly, then existing lists would
have been created using the standard templates which did not, obviously,
have the htdig patch.  Newly created lists would be created against the
now-patched htdig templates, and they should work properly.  Existing
lists would have to have their templates patched accordingly.

Is that right?

If so, then it is likely that my installation IS working as expected.  I
will have to delete my test list and recreate it, then run some tests
and observe the results.

I'll let you know if I have any troubles there.

Thanks for your help!!

-Rich