[Mailman-Users] Mailman + htDig

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 23:30:03 CEST 2003

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 09:57  pm, Rich West wrote:

<snip>

> Yes.  I first added the following to my mm_cfg.py:
> USE_HTDIG = 0    # 0 - don't use integrated htdig, 1 - use it
> HTDIG_FILES_URL = '/htdig/'
> HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'archives', 'htdig')
> HTDIG_HTSEARCH_PATH = '/usr/bin/htsearch'
> HTDIG_RUNDIG_PATH = '/usr/bin/rundig'
>

> Then I changed "USE_HTDIG" to 1 and restarted the qrunner (just for
> the sake of sanity. :).  I then sent a message to the test list.  At
> once I got the message that was sent to the test list, I checked out
> the archives/private/test directory and saw that the timestamp on
> index.html was updated, that a directory called htdig was created, and
> there were a bunch of files (db.*, rundig_last_run, and test.conf) in
> that htdig directory.
>
>> Does line 757 (or thereabouts) of
>> $prefix/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py  contain the following text:
>>
>> d["htsearch"] = quick_maketext('TOC_htsearch.html', dict=h,
>>
>> This is the code that generates the form that is added to the html of
>>  the list's TOC page a few lines further on. If this line is missing
>> then the patching has failed somehow.
>

> I just checked, and it is there.  Is the TOC_htsearch.html file
> supposed to be in a particular location?  It is in templates/en/ right
> now...

Assuming you are using en as the list language and standard templates,
can you take a look at the file

$prefix/templates/en/archtoc.html

line 16 should read:

         %(htsearch)s

This is where the results of the quick_maketext() on TOC_htsearch.html,
that is the search form, get inserted into the list TOC page.

This line should have been inserted into archtoc.html by the
htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch

One possibility is that you may be using site, host or list specific
templates and you generated these from the standard installed templates
before applying the mailman-htdig and kindred patches. If so then these
will not have been/could not be patched by the htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch.
In this case you will have to take a look at the  htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch
file for the template changes made by the patch and apply these by hand
to your local variants of the templates. The patch file is a unified
diff format and quite human legible.

Let me know what you find out/conclude.