[Mailman-Users] Simple question about "Protected groups"

nate at plsweb.com nate at plsweb.com
Thu Aug 7 21:57:02 CEST 2003

Hello,

In Mialman 2.1.X there is an "unsubscribe_policy" setting on the
"Privacy Options" page that might work:

	unsubscribe_policy (privacy): Is the list moderator's approval
	required for unsubscription requests? (No is recommended)
	When members want to leave a list, they will make an unsubscription
	request, either via the web or via email. Normally it is best for
	you to allow open unsubscriptions so that users can easily remove
	themselves from mailing lists (they get really upset if they can't
	get off lists!).

	For some lists though, you may want to impose moderator approval
	before an unsubscription request is processed. Examples of such
	lists include a corporate mailing list that all employees are
	required to be members of.

n.