[Mailman-Users] New to mailman

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Thu Aug 7 02:53:35 CEST 2003

Hello everyone.
Well, im brand new to mailman, but im very eager to get started.

I wanted to ask a few questions to see if mailman is what im looking for.
Basically, I need a mailing list manager to manage about 6 or so lists.
Nothing fancy. It is going to be used exclusively for our intranet, to
email our employees and certain departments.

With that in mind, I noticed that mailman requires apache to run, as it
allows users to subscribe and unsubscribe from lists.
This is really a little overkill for our needs as I explained earlier.

With that in mind, is mailman still something that would suit our needs?
Granted, my personal perference is to keep our mail server as streamlined
as possible, with as little services running as possible.

Anyone care to share their thoughts and suggestions?

I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Jason