[Mailman-Users] help on converting Lyris archive

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 13:54:29 CEST 2003

Zahng,

Try the arch again, and if it bombs in the same place, then most likely
you have a problem with one of the headers in the mbox.

If there is a message header (in the mbox) that is malformed or out of
spec you should be able to trace this down by looking at the last
message in the generated archives and then diving back into the mbox to
find that message.  The message after that one is a likely culprit.

Once you look, it normally becomes fairly obvious what the error is.
I've run into this several times at clients.  With a little patience and
the help of a few scripts you should be able weed this out easily.

A troubleshooting technique I sometimes use on very large mboxes, is to
break the mbox up (say by month or by year) and then arch one piece of
it at a time.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes