[Mailman-Users] help on converting Lyris archive

Zhang Qu zqu at bellanet.org
Tue Aug 5 05:42:20 CEST 2003

Hi,folks

 Does anyone have experience of converting a Lyris mailing list
archive to mailman?

 I am trying to convert a mailing list from Lyris to Mailman. I used
exp-arc.pl(which came with Lyris) to extract archive to a .mbox file
and strip those CR/LF. I created a list in mailman with the same name
and put this .mbox under archives/private/hdfnet.mbox/hdfnet.box,then
I run "arch" command from mailman/bin like this

./arch hdfnet /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/hdfnet.mbox/hdfnet.mbox

I got such error message

Updating HTML for article 182
Updating index files for archive [2002-December]
  Date
  Subject
  Author
  Thread
Computing threaded index
Updating HTML for article 183
Pickling archive state into /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/hdfnet/pipermail.pck
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/arch", line 186, in ?
    main()
  File "bin/arch", line 174, in main
    archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, start, end)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 544, in processUnixMailbox
    m = mbox.next()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/mailbox.py", line 33, in next
    return self.factory(_Subfile(self.fp, start, stop))
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 79, in scrubber
    return mailbox.scrub(msg)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 99, in scrub
    return self._scrubber(self._mlist, msg)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 132, in process
    dir = calculate_attachments_dir(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 93, in calculate_attachments_dir
    datedir = safe_strftime(fmt, now)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 77, in safe_strftime
    return time.strftime(fmt, floatsecs)
TypeError: argument must be 9-item sequence, not None

and in mailman web interface, I only got monthly archive up to 2002
Dec.

anyone can help me?

thanks a lot in advance!

--