[Mailman-Users] I guess it's my week for problems, sorry :(

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Fri Aug 1 05:33:43 CEST 2003

Richard Barrett wrote:

> I suggest you try the following procedure for the two problem list:

Hey Richard... as always, I appreciate your efforts :) I did what you
outlined, but it didn't work :(

> Were you originally running a version of the htdig integration patch
earlier than that installed by htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch? If so this may be
the cause of problems with archived lists created under that earlier
regime. The upgrade issue was covered in the INSTALL.htdig-mm file for
htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch or later and I am wondering if you have tripped
over this issue.

Correct, I was running the htdig-2.1-0.1.patch.

Unfortunately, now none of my searchables are working. Archiving seems
fine, but searching any list is producing (given a blank search term):

htdig Archives Access Failure

CGI problem. -5-Field count -4- fields: method,format,sort,config

If you want to make another attempt to access a list archive then go via
the list users information page.

If this problem persists then please e-mail the following information to
the mailman at lists.wingfoot.org:

    https://www.wingfoot.org/pipermail/listname/
    /mailman/mmsearch/listname

> The major change introduced by htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch was that htsearch
is not called directly by the search forms. For security reason a CGI
called mmsearch is called which in turn uses htsearch. This is described
in INSTALL.htdig-mm

*nod* I see that... nifty :)

Again, thank you for your help... :)
Glenn