[Mailman-Users] I guess it's my week for problems, sorry :(

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 01:42:05 CEST 2003

I suggest you try the following procedure for the two problem list:

1. run bin/blow_away_htdig for the problem lists with the -c option to
rebuild
per-list htdig conf files and delete existing per-list search indexes.
This should delete the per-list htdig related stuff and remove the
search form from those lists' archive TOC pages. It should not affect
the HTML archives themselves

2. send a test message to each of the problem lists. This should ensure
the per-list htdig related stuff (with the exception of the search
indexes) is fully recreated and the search form is added back to those
lists' archive TOC pages

3. run the nightly_htdig cron script from the command line for the two
problem lists. This should rebuild the htdig search indexes

Let me know if this fixes the problem or not.

Were you originally running a version of the htdig integration patch
earlier than that installed by htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch? If so this may be
the cause of problems with archived lists created under that earlier
regime. The upgrade issue was covered in the INSTALL.htdig-mm file for
htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch or later and I am wondering if you have tripped
over this issue.

The major change introduced by htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch was that htsearch
is not called directly by the search forms. For security reason a CGI
called mmsearch is called which in turn uses htsearch. This is
described in INSTALL.htdig-mm