[Mailman-Users] Mailman/htdig problem

Timothy Arnold timothy.arnold at becta.org.uk
Wed Apr 30 16:56:11 CEST 2003

Hi Richard,

I would really like to thank you for spending time helping me with my
problem. I appreciate it!.

>mailman at mailman2:/mailman/run/archives/private/rbtest2/htdig> ls
>db.docdb       db.wordlist  rbtest2.conf
>db.docs.index  db.words.db  rundig_last_run

I can confirm that nightly_htdig returns OK and I see the same output as
above. The file modification time is the same that is reported on the index
page for the list.

I am pretty confident that everything is working with the nightly_htdig
script.

>1. create a small test script, putting it anywhere convenient and making
>sure that the user/group your web server runs as can access and execute the

>script:

>2. in your mm_cfg file, temporarily substitute the path to this test.py
>script as the value of HTDIG_HTSEARCH_PATH

>3. do a search from the search form for a list which you believe has all
>its indexes etc. You should get back a web page telling you about the
>environment that test.py found itself in when it was run by mmsearch; the
>purpose is to veryify that htsearch will find itself in the correct
>environment when it is run. Some things of interest are near top of the web

>page returned. For example, I get the following on my test system; the
>MiniFieldStorage tells me the names and values of the query; the config
>field should contain the name of the list being searched and the words
>field should contain what you entered in the search form. The CONFIG_DIR
>value should point to $prefix/archives/htdig/.

The webpage returns fine - config_dir returns what I expected.

The exit status value is 1.

>What version of htdig are you using? The htdig integration patches are
>tested using htdig 3.1.6 stable, not the 3.2 beta, although there is no
>particular reason that 3.2 should not work but some pople have reported
>problems, which are not MM specific.

I am running mailman 2.1.2 and htdig 3.1.6

Thanks very much for all your help.

Timothy.

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com