[Mailman-Users] weird hostname

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Wed Apr 23 12:28:40 CEST 2003

This problem is ALREADY RESOLVED, but I would sure like to know where it
came from.

When I installed Mailman on helium.wimba.com, it somehow got the idea that
it was running on host115.wimba.com. For example, the subscription e-mail
referred the user to:
    flashinfo-request at host115.wimba.com
The web site also referred to host115.wimba.com, even after I explicitly
set the hostname in mm_cfg.py.

The command line gives no indication of where host115 came from.
    [me at helium]$ hostname
    helium.wimba.com

   [me at helium]$ host host115.wimba.com
   Host host115.wimba.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I solved the problem by using:
    bin/withlist -l -r fix_url
but where did the problem come from in the first place?

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
   Do I know what's in this bill? Are you kidding? Only God knows...
       - U.S. Senator Robert Byrd, when asked if he knew the
         contents of a $520 billion, 4000-page spending bill