[Mailman-Users] alternative Apache configurations of Mailman?

Michael Mell mike at nthwave.net
Sat Apr 19 04:14:39 CEST 2003

Are there ways to configure Mailman with Apache other than as outlined
in the Mailman INSTALL document?

In Apache, I do a mod_rewrite on every http request so that each
request is routed to a template which then includes the requested page.

Using the standard
	ScriptAlias     /mailman/     /home/mailman/cgi-bin/
along with my url rewrite:
	RewriteRule     ^/mailman(.*)     /template.shtml
when I hit /mailman/admin/mylist, I get a "405 Method Not Allowed"
(which in this case I interpret as saying "no script was found there").

So the issue is this: how can I configure Mailman+Apache so that
Mailman scripts can be executed when included in an html page in the
document directory.

many thanks
mike

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only

Of the tyrant, spies and informers are the principal instruments.  War
is his favorite occupation, for the sake of engrossing the attention of
the people, and making himself necessary to them as their leader.
-- Aristotle

I do not wish to support a country, a government or an economy which
depends on war for its continued health.
-- Mike Mell