[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.1

Mike Gideon mike at miis.edu
Fri Apr 18 19:21:41 CEST 2003

I get Pythaon 2.2.2

Todd got me straightened out.  I need to thank him.  I read that portion
of the readme about the owner and permissions on the data/aliases and
glanced them over - assuming that RedHat installer set them up right.

I'm still get this
[root at listserv mailman]# service mailman start
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 524, in ?
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 319, in main
    check_privs()
  File "/var/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 274, in check_privs
    gid = grp.getgrnam(mm_cfg.MAILMAN_GROUP)[2]
KeyError: getgrnam(): name not found

when I try to start the mailman service.  I think this is the root of my
problems, but it is greek to me.
Mike