[Mailman-Users] unable to change any list setting after the upgrade

Akop Pogosian akopps at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Apr 17 12:33:57 CEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:24:04AM -0500, Mike Kercher wrote:
> Yes...I have the same problem here on a Redhat AS 2.1  I upgraded from 2.0.13
> (rpm) to 2.1.1  All of my lists work as far as email goes, but nothing done in
> the admin interface works.  I have 2 admin requests waiting on the server, but
> when I try to take action on them, nothing happens.
>
> Mike

I solved this particular problem but it probably want the same problem
you were having. It turns out that Mailman guessed incorrectly the web
server host name (DEFAULT_URL_HOST) and our web server is also
configured to redirect all requests for non-default web server host
name to the default host name. This broke all CGI scripts that use
POST method for passing variables. This one was easy to fix once I
figured out what it was.

-akop