[Mailman-Users] how to remove address with bad ASCII

Richard M. Pavonarius rpavonar at cisco.com
Wed Apr 16 08:06:27 CEST 2003

I'm having trouble removing from a mailing list a few addresses that
contain non-ASCII characters. In the error message I'm receiving from
Postfix, the character shows up as a question mark, but it's not really a
question mark. I can't remove the address from the web interface because
the offending character can't be encoded into a URL (or something like that.)

Is there a way I can remove the addresses directly from the Mailman DB,
perhaps via Python or one of the scripts in /home/mailman/bin?

I'm using version 2.0.13+J3

Example:

<******@jc-21.ac.jp?>: bad host/domain syntax: "jc-21.ac.jp?"

Thanks,